Sabinal Lions Club
Since 1917, International Lions clubs have offered people the opportunity to give something back to their communities. From involving members in projects as local as cleaning up an area park or as far-reaching as bringing sight to the world’s blind, Lions clubs have always embraced those committed to building a brighter future for their community.
Today with more than approximately 45,000 clubs in 199 countries and geographical areas, Lions have expanded their focus to help meet the ever-increasing needs of our global community.
Our programs are continually changing to meet new needs and greater demands, but our mission has never wavered: We Serve.
All the sale proceeds from Lions Club booth goes to support club’s charities.
The Sabinal Lions club sponsores eye screening tests for elementary schools in the area including Sabinal, Knippa, Utopia, Uvalde, D’Hanis, Hondo, and Natalia. Specially trained volunteers do the eye testing.
In addition to sight screening, the club sponsors local handicapped youths who qualify to attend a special summer camp. The following are some of the organizations that benefit from the proceeds of the Wild Hog Catching Contest and Craft Fair.
- Sabinal Public Library
- Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Little League
- Sabinal E.M.S
- Players in progress
- Lions Children’s Camp in Kerrville
- Drug Awareness & Diabetes Awareness
- Dist. 2A-2 obile Eye Screening Unit
- Audiometer & free hearing screening
- College Scholarships
- Recycled used eye glasses
- Sight Research Foundation
- Purchase eyeglasses & hearing aids for those in needs
- Miscelleneous Community needs